Match TV is a Russian streaming platform where you can watch plenty of sports events live and free. In addition to the free streaming, you can also watch more than eighteen leagues around the world for less than 2.5$ per month.
While people living in Russian territory are so lucky to have this opportunity, unfortunately, anyone outside Russia is having geo-restriction problems with accessing the platform. Yet, do not worry! I am here to help you out.
In this article, I will teach you how to watch Match TV outside Russia. Not only you will watch free sports activities but also access several important leagues around the world with the best deal possible. Stay with me and save hundreds of dollars in your pocket!
Analysis: Because of copy-right issues, Match TV has to offer its service only to the Russian territory. Anyone outside is being omitted from the system and deprived of streaming. In other words, if you are living in a country other than Russia, you normally do not have the privilege to watch Match TV directly.
Solution: We will use a VPN service with a Russian server. This will help us change our IP address (virtual location) into Russia. That way, we will be able to stream Match TV as if we are in Russia.
A quick guide to watching Match TV outside Russia with a VPN:
- Visit SurfShark VPN -It has servers in Russia.
- Click the “Buy now” button and choose a plan.
- Enter your email address and complete the purchase with a preferred payment method. (SurfShark will send credentials to your e-mail)
- Download the compatible SurfShark app for your device and install it.
- Login to the SurfShark app with your credentials.
- Navigate to “Locations”, search for “Russia” and connect to one of the Russian servers (Moscow or Saint Petersburg)
There you are! With the Russian IP address you have now, you can stream Match TV as if you are in Russia -just like the image below.
You might want to learn why you need a VPN to stream Match TV. Then, make sure to read our in-depth tutorial, understand the reasons for geo-blocking and grasp the necessity of VPN services to bypass restrictions.
Why Match TV is not available outside Russia
Legal sports activities are subject to licensing and copy-right deals for each country in the world. As a well-known streaming platform, Match TV also holds the streaming rights of UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Bundesliga, LaLiga, Seria A, Ligue 1, Nations League, Emirates FA CUP, Liga NOS, Eredivisie, MMA, F1, Nascar, and several more… for the Russian territory.
This is why you get the following error when trying to access Match TV outside Russia:
- Error: “Видео недоступно для просмотра из Вашей страны”
- Translation of the error: “Video not available to view it from your country”
This problem is also known as geo-restriction. For this case, Match TV analyzes the visitors from their IP addresses. If the IP address does not match with the Russian IP ranges, then you won’t be allowed to watch the channel.
How to watch Match TV outside Russia
We addressed the problem. Now, it is time to solve it by changing our virtual location (IP address) to Russia.
For those not familiar with VPN services; VPN is a privacy tool to encrypt your online traffic. The encryption occurs on the server of your choice and this process assigns you the IP address of the server location.
In other words, if you choose to encrypt your data with a server located in Russia, then you will have encrypted traffic with a Russian IP address. That will unlock the gates of the Match TV as well.
Let’s get started!
Choosing the right VPN
In order to have the best streaming experience, we do need a stable, fast, and reliable VPN service that has Russian servers. In this tutorial, we will be using SurfShark VPN.
The company has hundreds of servers both in Moskow and Saint Petersbourg. According to my speed test experience, you can also get 50+ Mbps download speed. That means the best quality, buffer-free Match TV streaming!
To make use of this service, follow the steps below:
- Visit SurfShark VPN official website
- Choose a plan according to your budget. (The longer-term you choose, the less you pay)
- Enter your e-mail address and skip the add-on services (You will not need them)
- Complete the purchase with a preferred payment method.
Downloading the VPN app and installing it
Once you are done with the steps above, SurfShark will send you an email with the credentials inside. This will include your email address as a user name and a strong password.
This confirmation means that we can log in to the website and download the VPN app.
To do so:
- Visit SurfShark and log in to the user portal with your credentials.
- Click on the “Apps & extensions” menu on the left.
- Choose the compatible VPN app for your device and download it.
- Complete the installation by following the setup tutorial.
- Launch the app and log in with the same credentials.
Choosing the right VPN server for Match TV
Now, we are ready to find and connect to the Russia server.
SurfShark apps are similar to each other. No matter which device you are using the VPN, the same rules apply to find the right server to watch Match TV.
- On the VPN interface, visit the “Locations” section.
- Type “Russia” to the search bar -this will bring up the available Russian servers.
- Click on one of the “Moscow or St. Petersburg” servers to establish the VPN connection.
Right after these steps, the SurfShark icon will turn green -depicting the connection is successful.
Now you have a Russian IP address that grants you to be virtually located in Russian territory.
In other words, the Match TV system will now recognize you as a Russian resident and let you stream the service without any geo-restriction problems.
After the VPN purchase and having a Russian IP address, you can now stream Formula 1, MMA Boxing, and Hockey games for free.
However, if you wish to create a subscription and access 18 Sports Leagues around the world for just 2.5$/month, then you should keep on reading our article.
Creating an account and streaming Match TV
In case you are not familiar with the Cyrillic alphabet, this part of the tutorial might seem terrifying. Yet, I do have a solution for you and I will lead you through all the registration process with simple steps.
- Visit the Match TV website.
- Click “Вход” (Entrance) – it is located on the right top corner of the website.
Upon clicking, the website will pop up the following notification…
On the pop-up, you are required to click on “ВОЙТИ” (Login). This action will redirect you to Pass.Media where you need to create your Match TV account with a phone number.
On this step:
- Write your active mobile phone number and hit the “Далее” (Next) button. (International numbers are accepted)
- Enter the code within 60 seconds and click “Подтвердить” (Confirm).
Congratulations! Now, you have a Match TV account.
As for the last step, we will buy a subscription and stream sports events anywhere in the world.
Let’s do it!
- Visit your Match TV profile and click on “ПОДПИСКИ” (Subscriptions). This will bring up the following page
If you like to watch Russian League team plays, choose “МАТЧ ПРЕМЬЕР” (Match Premiere) for 2990 Ruble (40$ or 33€) per year.
If your intention is to watch other sports events like Champions League, Bundesliga, LaLiga, Seria A, Eredivisie, MMA, F1, etc… then, choose the “СПОРТ” (Sport) packet for (53$ or 45€) per year.
Once you make your mind, it is time to complete the purchase.
To give you an example, I chose the Sports Packet.
Here, you can either choose 30 days for 399 Ruble or one year plan for 3990 rubles. In order to get the best deal possible, I picked the one year plan and clicked “КУПИТЬ” (Buy).
Right after that, you will be redirected to a payment gateway page to complete your order.
Now, you are a Match TV Premium Sport member and you can enjoy the following 18 different sports events for just 2.5$*/month.
By using a VPN service to access Match TV streaming, you will have these opportunities.
- *One Match TV account can be used simultaneously by two people. Doing the math, 2.5$/month per person -5$ in total.
- A VPN will cost you only 2.5$/month with unlimited simultaneous connections -meaning you can share your VPN account with your friends…
- Considering the overall streaming leagues, with a single subscription, you will access 18 different leagues around the world for just 5$/month (VPN+Sport Packet). If you purchase subscriptions for these sports events in your own country, it would cost hundreds of dollars per month.
Match TV is the best and cheapest way of sports streaming. The only downside is that you have to watch the streaming in the Russian language.
Summing up Match TV streaming outside Russia
Because of licensing and copy-rights issues, each streaming platform offers its service for a specific country. The same applies to the Match TV as well.
Match TV lets visitors stream its channels only if they are residing in the Russian territory. The outsiders are deprived of this opportunity because of the geo-restrictions. And in this article, I taught you how to bypass this problem with a VPN.
By using SurfShark VPN’s Russia servers, we simply changed our IP address (virtual location) into Russian territory and overcame the geo-blocking. This small trick helped us browse the internet as if we were in Russia and looked like a local person to the Match TV system to watch it for free.
Besides the free live streaming, with the help of SurfShark, we also subscribed to the Match TV paid plans and accessed 18 different leagues around the world for as low as 2.5$/month. Instead of purchasing TV plans for each different sports event in your country, you can save a huge amount of money with Match TV Sports bundle plan.
Enjoy your favorite streams!